Tips and tricks for Homebuyers and sellers and their Realtors
Every Friday, we’ll send out some tips and tricks to help Realtors, buyers and sellers have a great weekend and maybe a better real estate experience wherever they are.
This Friday, we’re going to focus on things that help home buyers. Of course, if it helps buyers, then Realtors and FSBO sellers may want to check these things out too. It can help prepare your listings and compete better in your local market.
- Air Quality – Many times, when you’re buying a new home, all you can focus on in the house, the neighborhood or the pool. In other words, most homebuyers don’t think about things that will affect their daily lives in their new home. Check out the AirVisual app for Android and iPhone. We love it. When you go on that next showing, check the overall air quality in that new location. It shows scoring, comparisons, pollution, and health recommendations. Remember, you have to actually live there.
- School Ratings – For most homebuyers, a good education is tip-top on the list of criteria to look for in a new home, yet few parents actually do research on the schools near the homes they look at. Now, just visit HomePocket on your phone or tablet while you’re at a home showing, search for the zip code you’re in at the search box, click on a listing and see all the school info – including parent ratings and reviews.
- AroundMe – Buyers, as you’re looking at homes, be sure to check what’s around you. Conveniences like post offices, ATMs, restaurants, dry cleaners and more can easily be found near you by just opening the app.
- Life360 Crime Reports – We’ve told you before how invaluable we find Life360, but did you know it also includes accurate crime reports? Sign up and see crime alerts nearby any location you or your kids are currently at. Again, this has become part of our daily lives and it’s highly useful for homebuyers. Wanna know if your lawnmower is likely to get stolen at that new address? Check it out.
- Todoist – When you buy a home, there are a million things to do. We’ve tried all the task and organization apps over the last 10 years and only one of them stands out for ease of use and simplicity: Todoist. Realtors, this can help you too – immensely! The best Realtors are in fact the busiest ones. They tend to be well-organized and great multi-taskers as well. This is one more tool in your toolbox.
Finally, a bit of odd, unrelated news for you on this last day of the work week. In what’s a true, modern-day Tarzan(a) story, a girl was just found living completely among a group of monkeys. Check it out, it’s worth the read.